Reservations, Cancellation And Spectator Policy
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION METHODS
Golf reservations and bookings can be made by phone, e-mail, on the website or in person. Cancellations or changes to reservations cannot be made via this 'web site'.
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Golf bookings may be made a maximum of 10 days in advance for golf members and visitors. A window of 14 days is availed to corporate, Bronze and Silver members. 1 months advance booking is extended to Gold Members and 2 months for tourism reservations.
- Online booking is restricted to groups ranging from 2 to 8 players. Group bookings (9 PAX+) need to be made through the Golf Academy directly.
Group/corporate bookings (9 PAX+) require a deposit of 50% of the quoted green fee a minimum of 14 days in advance. The deposit is non-refundable unless the Director of Golf/ Golf Course Superintendent determines that the course is unplayable.
Members and guests reservations must be cancelled no later than 24 hours before a reserved time of play to avoid any penalties. Should a member or guest fail to follow our cancellation policy, he/she will be charged the following fees:
Member – 75% of green fee rate
Guest – 100% of quoted green fee rate
- Bookings that are made within a 24 hour time frame will be required to contact golf reservations a minimum of 2 hours prior to the time of play to cancel or amend the number of players in the booking. Failure to do so will result in applicable fees being charged.
All players must check-in at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time of play. Players failing to check-in 10 minutes prior to their scheduled tee time will be considered late and the club reserves the right to fill that tee time with other players. If a reserved time is not honored within a 30 minute grace period, the club reserves the right to charge the agreed green fee rate regardless.
- Group bookings and events may amend their numbers to a minimum of 50% of the original number without charge, up to 3 days before the event.
- If a group (9 PAX+) shows up with fewer players than have been reserved, without calling a minimum of 48 hours prior to the time of play, the agreed total green fee rate will be applied.
- Group bookings and events (9 PAX+) must be cancelled no later than 10 days in advance to avoid penalties.
- If a group (9 PAX+) fails to cancel a booking according to our cancellation policy, he/she will be held responsible for all charges agreed to as assessed by the club (i.e. F&B, clinic reservation, etc.). This includes the cost of the reserved rounds of golf and other charges, all of which SGSC may bill directly to their account.
- Cancelled group events (more than 10 days in advance) will be subject to a 350 AED administration fee.
- The following table is a guideline for reoccurring Corporate Member cancellations/no-shows:
No. of PAX
75% of green fee
90% of Green fee
Green fee charged in full
- In the event of reoccurring cancellations/no-shows booking privileges will be suspended until penalties are paid.
Players failing to show up for a reservation or honor a booking without advising golf reservations, will have the applicable rate charged to the credit card of the person who made the booking.
- Member – 75% of green fee rate
- Guest – 100% of quoted green fee rate
Unforeseen Circumstances - Inclement weather/emergencies
- The club reserves the right to cancel play during inclement weather conditions. If the golf course is unable to open by the start of a reserved tee time, that reservation will be cancelled. SGSC will make every effort to ensure groups whose tee times have been cancelled get an opportunity to play on the course as soon as possible that same day.
In the event of a game being interrupted due to an emergency or inclement weather (as defined by the club), SGSG will take the following steps:
9-hole game: upon playing 3 holes or less, game will be credited. No credit will be granted for 4+ holes.
18-hole game: upon playing 3 holes or less, full 18-hole game will be credited. Upon playing 10-12 holes, 9-hole game will be credited. No credit will be granted for 13+ holes.
- In the event of players choosing to start a game then opting not to continue or choosing to leave the course (e.g. Due to heat, rain, lack of time (should the course be moving at the officially accepted pace) or illness), no compensation will be made to the said players.
In the event of loss of power for more than 15 minutes (to all the floodlights) the following compensation will be offered:
- 1 – 6 holes played – Fully credited round of golf
- 7 – 9 holes player – 50% off next round of golf
- SGSC consider it fair that if the lights regain power within 15 minutes, no compensation is necessary.
- In the event of partial failure (e.g. holes 7, 8 & 9 only) compensation will be judged on a case by case basis. Alternative hole configurations may be routed.
SGSC SPECTATOR POLICY
SGSC does permit spectators at any time (walking and entirely at own risk), but does not permit additional golf carts for spectators.
If there is a spare seat on a cart (I.e. with a 1 or 3 ball) the spare seat may be used by spectators but the applicable cart fee must be paid (see below furthered explanation).
It is advisable to inform Golf Reservations upon booking if spectators are anticipated.
Members and paying golfers take priority over spectators at all times.
All around the world cart rental is generally for the whole cart, not the seat (approx AED 150). Here in the UAE, to the significant overall benefit of golfers, carts are charged per seat (AED 80).
Therefore if the second seat is required (even by a non golfer) we require payment.
Explanation in detail:
As outlined above, most countries around the world charge a lump sum for the hire of a golf cart. If a single player – they bear the full cost. If a pair – they can split the cost. Here in the UAE cart pricing works hugely in favour of the golfer as they are only charged for each seat used. This is due to the climate being too extreme to walk for 5 or 6 months of the year (certainly through the middle of the day). Consequently if the second seat is being used (for any purpose) a charge is required.
Secondly – with the UAE being in a dry and barren landscape the green golf course environment is attractive, even to none golfers. If we permitted spectators to accompany players for free (and provided a cart) the course would be overrun by none paying guests. This in turn places higher demand on the golf carts (of which we have a limited number) and can result in significant additional wear and tear (particularly in the cooler months (Nov – Mar).
- Tee-time - Golf reservation of 1, 2, 3 or 4 players
- Pax – 1 individual
- Green fee – fee paid to play a golf course socially, not inclusive of cart
- Tournament entry fee – fee paid to enter a competition, entitlements as per entry form. This can include up to the following: 1 or 2 rounds of golf (incl. cart), 1 or 2 meals, prizes, qualification, giveaways, general admin and general expenses)
- Tournament levy – additional fee paid on top of green fee to enter a competition
- Group booking – booking of 9 PAX +
- Member booking – booking made by a member of SGSC (golf – lifestyle – golf & lifestyle – golf country membership - corporate – tourism – academy)
- Guest booking – booking done by an individual with no affiliation to SGSC
- 9-hole game – course played once
- 18-hole game – course played twice