Playing Certificate Test
A player must obtain a playing certificate (PC) which proves he/she is of sufficient playing standard and has a basic understanding of the games rules and etiquette. Once achieved the pupil is permitted play on the course unsupervised.
He/she must also demonstrate a certain playing standard and pace of play. Playing certificates can only be authorized by a PGA Qualified Professional.
Gentlemen must complete 3 holes in 9 over par or better. Ladies must complete 3 holes in 12 over par or better. This must be achieved within a set period of time.
Rules of golf
A player must have a clear understanding of:
· Basic rules of golf
· Teeing ground
· Correct procedures for out of bounds
· Water hazards
· Lateral water hazards
· Lost ball
· Unplayable ball
Know your etiquette
A player must:
· Demonstrate knowledge of pace of play and the procedure of allowing quicker players to play through
· Show courtesy to other golfers
· Understand the importance of repairing pitch marks, replacing divots and raking bunkers
· Marking your ball and the order of play
All tuitions whether for novices, experienced and elite golfers are available to the public and club members. These classes are conducted by fully qualified PGA professionals (see Academy – PGA Professionals page).