League Format Sheet
- The R&A rules apply along with the local rules of SGSC as indicated on the reverse of the scorecard.
- Each player must pay the AED 295/AED 285 (SGSC Members AED 190) entry fee per fixture whichincludes cart, range balls, green fee and dinner in Golf Reservations prior to playing their match.
- Any clarification on rules should be requested from the designated rules official. Call 06 548 7777 and ask GolfReservations to notify the Tournament Rules Official of your incident before the completion of the hole. Marshals are not qualified to give rulings. Note. In the event of a delay be sure to wave the group behind you through.
- All men – White (front 9) / Yellow tees (back 9)
- All ladies – Red tees
- NOTE: FOR THE PURPOSE OF KEEPING SCORE THE FIRST LOOP OF 9 HOLES MUST BE PLAYED FROM WHITE TEES, THEN THE SECOND LOOP OF 9 FROM THE YELLOW TEES. THE MATCH AND SHOT ALLOCATION FOLLOWS THIS ROTATION.
- 18 Holes Better Ball Matchplay.
- ¾ of course handicap difference
- Handicap index limit is 22 for men, 30 for ladies. CONGU and society handicap limit is 24 and 32. Higher handicappers may play but off 24/32.
- Official USGA, CONGU and Society handicaps are valid with official USGA/ CONGU handicaps taking precedenceat all times.
- Team captains are given the responsibility of validating Society handicaps and responsible for ensuring, in the spirit of the game, that they are fair.
DEFINITION OF A HANDICAP- A player should play well to play to his handicap and exceptionally well to play below it. A handicap is not a reflection of average score.
- Society handicaps cannot fluctuate up and down from fixture to fixture. They should remain relatively consistent and only be reduced based on performance and only increased based on a significant period of high scores.
- SGSC has the right to challenge the Captain, at any time between fixtures, regarding any apparently unfair handicaps.
Shots are taken against the lowest handicapper in the group. The remaining 3 players receive ¾ of the difference. See below example:
- Team A, Player 1 = course handicap = 8
- Team A, Player 2 = course handicap = 12
- Team B, Player 1 = course handicap = 4
- Team B, Player 2 = course handicap = 24
- Team B, Player 1 has lowest handicap (4). Therefore the other 3 players take shots against him/her. ¾ shot allocation (see reverse of scorecard for ¾ calculations) as follows:
- Team A, Player 1 (8) = Dif = 4. ¾ = 3. 3 shots received (stroke indexes 1 -3)
- Team A, Player 2 (12) = Dif = 8. ¾ = 6. 6 shots received (stroke indexes 1 – 6)
- Team B, Player 2 (24) = Dif = 20. ¾ =15. 15 shots received (stoke indexes 1 – 15)
- Team B, Player 1 (4) receives no shots (effectively plays off 0 against the others competitors)
- Shot allocation for players receiving shots follow stroke indexes as on the scorecard.
- Winners receives 3 points (per win)
- Ties – 1 point per team
- Loss – 0 points
- Play must start on time, at the designated hole and in the designated order.
- A team may start with only 1 player present. The late player may join his partner (no penalty) at any time on the next hole of play.
- If both players are late they may join their opponents after play has started but forfeit every hole they miss.
- A representative from each team must submit the results of your matches at the scoring tent immediately after play. No scorecard is required – only the result.
- The results and league standings will be published as follows:
- Emailed to the team Captain (within 60 hours of each round)
- Displayed on the SGSC Website, GSL Press Releases page – www.golfandshootingshj.com (within 60 hours of each round)
- All results, write ups and league standings will be published in the following months edition of World Wide Golf.
- In the instance of any discrepancies the decision of the golf management will be final.
- All players are invited to enjoy an inclusive dinner on the terrace immediately after play. No formal presentation will be conducted.