General Format Sheet
GENERAL FORMAT SHEET
- Each match requires 2 teams (of 2 players) to represent each society. The matches will be 18 holes Betterball Matchplay with ¾ handicap allowance (see match format sheet for further details).
- Official USGA, CONGU and Society handicaps are valid with official USGA then CONGU handicaps taking precedence at all times.
- Team captains are given the responsibility of validating Society handicaps and responsible for ensuring, in the spirit of the game, that they are fair.
- DEFINITION OF A HANDICAP- A player should play well to play to his handicap and exceptionally well to play below it. A handicap is not a reflection of average score.
- Society handicaps cannot fluctuate up and down from fixture to fixture. They should remain relatively consistent and only be reduced based on performance and only increased based on a significant period of high scores.
- SGSC has the right to challenge the Captain, at any time between fixtures, regarding any apparently unfair handicaps.
3. QUALIFYING ROUNDS & QUALIFYING FOR THE FINALS:
- The GSL league table is calculated based on the results from all fixtures from October 2013 – April 2014 as highlighted below:
|Round||CONARES League||BMW League||SNTTA League||WWG League|
|3 (Dec/Jan)||21st||21st||4th (Jan)||4th (Jan)|
|3&4 & F (Apr)||12th||12th||12th||12th|
- o The leading 2 teams in each league will qualify for the Quarter finals on March 1st 2014.
- o The wining quarter finalists will then play the semi-finals on March 29th 2014
- o The losing semi finalists will play a 3rd & 4th place playoff on April 12th 2014.
- o The finalists will also play the final on April 12th 2014.
- o All Captains will also be invited to the complimentary Captains and Sponsors Golf Day also held on April 12th 2014.
4. POINTS DISTRIBUTION:
- Points per match will be distributed as follows:
|Result||Points per match|
|1 win||3 points|
|1 tie||1 point|
|1 loss||0 points|
|A Society who no show / cancel within 24 hours||0 points & Entry fees must be paid in full|
A Society who cancel more than 24 hours in
A Society who’s opponents no show / cancel within
A Society who’s opponents cancel more than 24
hours in advance
5. TIES FOR LEAGUE POSITIONS/QUALIFYING POSITIONS:
- Positions tied during each round will share the league placing equally.
- In the event of a tie for a qualifying place (to the quarter finals) the team scoring the greatest number of points in the final league match will qualify.
- Should all points still remain the same the result of the 2 societies’ head to head match will determine the qualifier.
- If still tied the same format will apply over previous rounds – Ie. The team scoring thegreatest number of points (referred to in reverse chronological order) will progress.
- If still tied 1 match (2 players per team) will be played on agreed date to determine which team progresses.
6. TEAM SUBMISSION / CHANGES / REPRESENTATION
- The designated team captain must submit their 2 teams/pairings (A & B), including names and authenticated handicaps to Golf Reservations (contact 06 5487777 / firstname.lastname@example.org - preferred) by 1pm the Thursday before their match (Ie. On the Friday).
- The pairings for the day MUST be clearly identified.
- Team entries can be made by email or by phone.
- Once submitted the team order cannot be changed.
- In the event of players canceling a substitute player can be submitted but he/she must replace the withdrawn player directly.The original order/pairings cannot be changed as a result of a withdrawal.
- A player may only represent 1 society per season.
- The fixture lists must be honored. Societies cannot request to change / rearrange matches either on different dates or within the published fixture list.
8. RESULTS & LEAGUE STANDINGS:
- The results and league standings will be published as follows:
- Emailed to the team Captain (within 60 hours of each round)
- Displayed on the SGSC Website, GSL Press Releases page – www.golfandshootingshj.com (within 60 hours of each round)
- All results, write ups and league standings will be published in the following months edition of World Wide Golf.
- Champions (1 commemorative trophy and the perpetual trophy)
- Runners Up (1 commemorative trophy)
- Third (1 commemorative trophy)
- Fourth (1 commemorative trophy)
o In the event of any disputes the decision of the Golf Management will be final.